Sunday, September 21, 2008

What's My Line?: Part 2

Season 2, Episode 10: What's My Line?: Part 2
Original Air Date: 24 November 1997 The girl who attacked Buffy turns out to be no vampire but another slayer, Kendra, who assumed her duty while Buffy was drowned dead for a minute and works far more by the book Buffy ignored even to exist. Angel fears to die as the rising sun reaches into his holding place, but is dragged out in time by snitch Willy, only to be sold to Spike, who needs Drusilla's sire to revitalize her in a demonic ritual in an abandoned church which will kill Angel, and allows her first to enjoy torturing the shirtless hunk with holy water. Helping Cordelia escape the maggot-made Taraka order-killer makes Xander spike their formally continuing hatred with hot kisses, twice, a female killer fails to kill Buffy as police recruiter on career day...

I made this scene mainly because I had a miniature backdrop of an organ. I wanted to use that to recreate the scene where Dursilla pulls Spike out of the wreckage of the burnt church. That scene didn't work out and since I started other pieces I instead started making this piece.

I really didn't do any modifications to Spike. I painted his hands black because he had on black gloves. I also added his red jacket under his trench coat.

For Drusilla I used a Drusilla body and a cast of a Fred head. I also used spare arms from a Faith figure. I sculpted the hair and clothing.



Angel is a complete cast of the Graduation Day Angel. The cast process is a difficult one. The piece turned out well enough, but it has rough spots in places I did paint him with burn marks and such since before this scene happened Dru was torturing him.




For the background I took a picture of the stain glass window that was in the background of the church. I then made the alter (since the picture I printed only covered 1/2 of the back plastic panel). The figures are standing really close to this alter, but I didn't have another brown base to make them stand at a distance. It still looks great.

There are a few flaws which you can't see. One is Angel's feet. One of his legs is off the ground. I fixed this by having him stand on a few boards that are laying on the ground of this old church. The other flaw is the part where Angel is joined with Dru's hand with the cross knife. I used hot glue to join the hands. Dru's hand broke during the final assembly so that has been glued. It looks messy close up. Otherwise you wouldn't think to look there.


Here are the finished pieces


No comments: