Monday, March 30, 2009

Graduation Gift

I'm hoping my roommate doesn't look at this site because I'm going to post pictures of a gift I made for him. I'm not sure what he'll do with this--maybe he could use it for a good paper weight! It was a challenge for me to make because I had to make this in small steps when he wasn't home.

Here are the parts I used. Peter Parker (spider man head and legs from knees down) and Oz chest, arms, and legs to top of knee.
And here are the photos:
This is the base. I used two grass stands from the Darla figure. I made a cast of a stone looking hedge trim (outdoor landscaping trim). I filled in the gaps with clay. This piece I did bake in the oven. The glue I used to hold it together melted and it was quite the mess but after it dried and the clay hardened, I re-glued in the holes and it turned out quite nice!

Here is the figure. I made him wearing a University of Wisconsin sweatshirt that he likes.
And here is the finished photos. I found a picture of the campus and printed it off to fit on a plastic stand piece.

No comments: