Saturday, August 9, 2008

About me

I started collecting action figures for the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel a few years ago. I actually started buying them for a friend, but the obsession took me over. I like to display my figures as real to the show as possible. When I realized that some of the key figures of the shows hadn't been created I researched what it would take to make my own figure. I stumbled across this site: http://msbig.sashapowell.co.uk/ and I must say I fell in love with making customs. This lady is truly my idol. I love her work and her ability to make her figures so real looking. I spent hours gazing at her work. I loved how she showed the "before" and "after" shots. I will do that also on this blog. I also love how her site is set up. I am not that computer savvy to make something that complex. I'm hoping this blog site will allow me to show my work and maybe inspire some other wanna-be custom makers.

I will say that the one huge difference between me and many other custom figure makers (including msbig) is that I try to create the entire scene. In some cases this is not possible due to it not being shown very clearly on the show. When you create a figure or background, sometimes the person's clothing isn't shown or some of the background--it makes it very difficult to recreate.

I'm proud of my work and I hope you enjoy it all! It will take me some time to get all my pictures and stories online. Be patient and check back often!

No comments: