Friday, August 15, 2008

Nightmares

Season 1, Episode 10: Nightmares
Original Air Date: 12 May 1997. At the hell-mouth, the Master of evil explains to his boy heir Collin that fear rules people better then love or hate. He manages to use the young schoolboy Billy Palmer to make every student of Sunnydale High's terrifying nightmares come true, ranging from Xander appearing in class wearing only boxer-shorts to being chased by murderers, losing one's favorite abilities or poisonous spiders coming out of one's schoolbooks...

I made these figure quite awhile ago. For Billy I used a Lord of the Rings action figure (I think it was Elijah Wood's character). I removed the figure's hair and sculpted new hair. I also trimmed the shirt and resculpted that to look like Billy's from the show. The action figure had bare feet so I also sculpted shoes on the new figure.

For the beast I used a tall, green robot figure and I don't recall what movie or show it was from. I cut off one of the hands to sculpt the clubbed hand. I also had to completely make the face. The robot just had a round head, so that's all my sculpting on the face. I also had to make the overcoat and sculpt shoes on the figure.




The Buffy vampire action figures is one that I bought. I did not make or alter this one.

This is the only scene I created where I did not make a background. I think it works out because it focuses your attention on the important part of the show where Billy has to ultimately "defeat" the monster.



No comments: