Saturday, August 9, 2008

Seeing Red Willow and Tara figures

Season 6, Episode 19: Seeing Red
Original Air Date: 7 May 2002Willow and Tara wallow in their togetherness, but things aren't as happy everywhere else. Buffy has to face both Xander and Spike, whilst tracking Warren and Company to foil their next move.

I made Willow from a "End of Days" Buffy action figure and a white witch Willow Head. I took off her hair and sculpted new hair. I really like how it looks (but it's hard to see in the pictures). I sculpted her T-shirt as well. After sculpting the shirt (and sleeves) and I boiled it to harden the clay, I noticed that her hands didn't come down far enough to reach Tara like I wanted (and planned). It still looks fine, Willow is getting ready to hold Tara.

I made Tara using Anya's body from the Book of Vengeance pack of figures. Tara has a curvy body and I tried to show that in this figure. I think it still looks a bit skinny but I'm satisfied.

I made the pointed mirror art on the wall as well as the bag. I used a lamp from a Buffy living room scene and sculpted it to match the real lamp. I used one door piece from the weapons cabinet (from the Wesley action figure prop). I spray painted it metallic silver to look like a mirror. For the wallpaper I photocopied one of the pieces of the Buffy living room scene walls. Then I just cut out the pieces and arranged them on two plastic backs. I'm not sure what the floors looked like but I used the floor pieces from the Buffy living room set and glued a piece of carpeting to the floor. The final set looks fantastic.

1 comment:

PAMisME said...

Absolutely awesome...